What is GARGTEST?
GARGTEST is a unique self-sampling device based on the principle of gargling of the oral cavity and pharynx. It was developed by researchers from the Institute of Molecular and Translational Medicine of the Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Palacký University in Olomouc, and the innovative companies IntelIMed, s.r.o. and AUMED, a.s.. The self-sampling device is intended for collecting samples, which are then tested in a professional laboratory for the presence of viruses infecting the oral cavity and upper respiratory tract. The test is performed by this laboratory using commonly available nucleic acid isolation procedures and by detection based on nucleic acid amplification. In the transport medium, viruses remain vital and can also be used for culture tests.
It is a painless way of sampling from the pharynx and oral cavity which does not irritate the mucosa
Irrigation of the oral cavity and the pharynx by gargling is a reliable method of self-sampling for virological testing
Filing in the electronic test order by yourself will speed up the process in the laboratory
1. Irrigation of the oral cavity and the pharynx by gargling is a reliable method of self-sampling for virological testing, including the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
2. This new method of diagnostic self-collection is functionally comparable and does not differ statistically from the collection performed by healthcare professionals using nasopharyngeal swabs.
3. Self-sampling by gargling is safe, simple, and easy to do, even by an instructed layman.
4. There is no need for assistance from medical staff during self-sampling.
5. It is a completely painless way of sampling from the pharynx and oral cavity which does not irritate the mucosa, even when a repeated sampling is performed.
6. The collected sample is stabilized with a special buffer and storage or transport to laboratories at a reduced temperature is not necessary.
7. Viruses remain stable in the solution for a long period of time over a wide range of temperatures (from 4–37 °C) for at least 1 week.
What is GARGTEST not intended for?
1. GARGTEST does not prove the presence of a virus on the point-of-care (upon the sampling), it is only a kit for self-sampling biological material which must be further tested in a medical laboratory.
2. GARGTEST is not suitable for the examination of bacterial flora, as the stabilizing solution contains substances that suppress the growth of bacteria, yeasts and fungi.
1. Do not use the GARGTEST self-sampling set if it is damaged or has expired – see expiration date on the package.
2. The self-sampling set is intended for single use only.
3. The fine powder at the bottom of the collection tube usually forms a hard, homogeneous layer. Disintegration of this layer does not damage the product and does not affect its performance. Do not inhale or ingest the powder.
The list of the testing laboratories:
Institute of molecular and translational medicine OLOMOUC
Hospital Bulovka PRAGUE
GHC Genetics PRAGUE
I want to buy GARGTEST
List of the laboratories providing GARGTEST examinations
If you lost your documents or want to print them again.